From District 26, curriculum links for those families staying home:
From NYC Department of Education – [March 11, 2020] Update on Parent Teacher Conferences:
- Since time is already held on school and parent calendars this week for conferences, Parent Teacher Conferences proceed Thursday, March 12 – Friday, March 13 as planned. But, instead of convening them in person, we are asking you to participate virtually or by phone.
- Someone from your school will proactively contact you about participating in the phone or virtual conferences. If you are unable to connect virtually or by phone during the 3/12 evening conference or 3/13 afternoon conference times, schools can reschedule for a time that would be convenient for you.
- To get ready for the Parent Teacher Conferences, families can access their child’s grades through the New York City Schools Account (NYCSA). If you don’t have an account yet, visit: https://www.schools.nyc.gov/learning/in-our-classrooms/nyc-schools-account
Dear MS67 Parents and Families,
Out of an abundance of caution and due to concerns about the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), this month’s general PTA meeting originally scheduled for Monday, March 16th has been cancelled and will be rescheduled. The decision was made in the best interests of our school family community and after careful consideration and discussion among the excecutive board members.
For more information:
Text COVID to 692-692 for real-time updates or visit nyc.gov/coronavirus.
Our Community School District: district26.org
Please click HERE for information about the seventh grade school trip. Kindly submit your permission slip and payment to your child’s homeroom teacher by April 3, 2020. Parents chaperones will are limited to three per homeroom class due to capacity limits.
Your School. Your Child. Your Voice. Don’t miss the deadline and complete your parent survey ONLINE!
The parent survey is available in the following languages: العربية, বাংলা, 中文, English, Français, Kreyòl ayisyen, 한국어, Русский, Español, اردو .
You will need the eight-digit survey code found on the bottom right-hand corner of the survey form that went home with students in a green envelope. If you have misplaced or lost your access code, please contact AP Ms. Lam.
The MS 67 PTA invites all students, families and friends to join a fun night of ice-skating. The night will include 2 hours of ice-skating time, rental skates if needed, 1 hot/cold beverage and 1 hot/cold snack. All proceeds will go towards afterschool/programming and clubs for our MS 67 students. Although PTA member(s) will be present, this adventure is not a supervised event nor considered a school event, but rather a fun wholesome family event. We hope you can come join the fun.
- Where: The Andrew Stergiopoulos Ice Rink at Parkwood Sports Complex – 65 Arrandale Avenue, Great Neck, NY 11023
- When: Friday, March 27th
- Cost: $20.00 per person
To purchase tickets, please complete below and return with payment in an envelope labeled MS67 PTA, Ice-Skating. Make checks payable to MS67 PTA and have your child give it to their homeroom teacher no later than 03/20/20.
For more information, view form HERE. Any questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up online for parent-teacher conferences next month. View the letter from the school HERE regarding registration for Parent Teacher Conferences.
Appointments must be scheduled in advance and are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Registration begins Friday, February 28 at 7AM at the website below:
School password: pantherpride (no spaces)
Parent-Teacher Conferences will be held at the following times:
- Thursday, March 12 from 4:30-7:30PM
- Friday, March 13 from 12:20 – 2:20PM
- Tuesday, March 17 from 2:25-3:00PM
- Tuesday, March 24 from 2:25-3:00PM
- Tuesday, March 31 from 2:25-3:00PM
TWO GRAND PRIZES!
- 1 (yellow) ticket for $7
- 3 (yellow) tickets for $20
And 10 more great raffle prizes!
- 1 (blue) ticket for $3
- 5 (blue) tickets for $10
The Child Mind Institute is offering a FREE one-day parent and caregiver training on Friday, March 6, 2020. Behavior and Emotional Skills Training (BEST) is open to parents and caregivers of school-aged children, and typically costs $600 per participant. Lunch is provided.
- Day: Friday, March 6th, 2020
- Time: 9:00am-2:00pm with 30 minutes for lunch.
- Location: PS 207 Q | 159-15 88th Street Howard Beach, NY 11414
- Enrollment: Parents, family members, babysitters, and caregivers of children in grades K-8 are invited to participate in BEST.
Please note that we are unable to provide childcare. RSVP HERE
For more information, view flyer HERE.
Questions: Contact Taylor Barkee at Taylor.Barkee@childmind.org