Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer Program (P-EBT) Food Benefits
The Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer Program (P-EBT) is a Federal program to provide food benefits to children who miss the opportunity to receive school meals due to pandemic-related school closures. These benefits will take the form of funds on electronic benefit transfer (EBT cards) which can be used in the same manner as SNAP (food stamp) cards.Children enrolled at schools provided breakfast and lunch service by the DOE’s food and nutrition program are eligible.
- Benefits will automatically be issued to all eligible students, program enrollment is not required.
- For students whose households receive SNAP, Temporary Assistance or Medicaid benefits, P-EBT benefits will be loaded to those household accounts.
- For all other students, new cards will be issued to each student specifically for P-EBT benefits and mailed directly to students’ home addresses.
Benefits will cover the period from March through June, 2020.
- The maximum total benefit per student is $420.
- Benefits will be issued beginning in June.
Visit the Frequently Asked Questions for the Pandemic Electronic Benefits Transfer Food Benefits(Open external link) for more information.For questions about this program:
- Email otda.sm.eisp.PEBT@otda.ny.gov
- Call 833-452-0096