Happy 2020, MS67Q families!
With the holidays behind us, and the winter winds with us, and spring “just around the corner,” there is a lot happening this winter! Here are some highlights of the events coming up.
We look forward to seeing all of you soon!
(1) MONDAY 1/13/2020 at 7:00PM (school auditorium) – January PTA meeting
MID-YEAR UPDATE & a Q & A session with Principal Annello
Join us at the January PTA Meeting as we are joined by Principal Annello who will provide us with a mid-year update and answer any questions you might have.
(2) Mark Your Calendar!
Our next PTA meeting will be on Feb. 10, 2020- we have a special Academic Resources Fair from 6:15PM-7:15PM for all our families as local tutoring/academic/prep companies will show their stuff and demonstrate how they can help our students with their academic goals and enrichment. The PTA meeting will follow at 7:15PM..
(3) Join NYC DOE Chancellor as he visits with families from District 26 on January 16 (Thursday) at 6:30 PM at MS74. Please email your questions for the Chancellor to Community Education Council 26 (CEC): firstname.lastname@example.org.
See HERE for flyers in English, Spanish, Chinese, Korean.
(4) Family Fitness Night on Thursday 2/6/20 at 5:30-7:30PM right here at our school.
Bring your children and participate in a night of activities and fitness!
(5) Parent Volunteers are needed for the upcoming school events. Please sign up to help out at least at one event. Together we can make all these events happen for the students!
* Tues 2/11/20 Career Day for the 8th Graders – The school needs about 20-30 parent volunteers. Please sign up HERE!
* Valentine’s Day Dance on 2/7/20 – The PTA will be selling refreshments during the party 230PM-430PM. Please sign up HERE!
* Annual School Musical – This year the students will be performing “BIG” on Friday 2/28/20 & Sat. 2/29/20 at 630PM. Purchase tickets HERE.
The PTA is planning a carnival themed all out EXTRAVAGANZA before the musical starts and during the intermission.
We will also be holding a flower shop and raffle off gift baskets.
All proceeds to go back to the students in the form of all the clubs, teams, enrichment programs that the school provides free of charge!
Please invest in our school community by:
- Donating baked goods;
- Helping with the purchase and set up of the goods/food;
- Selling the items;
- Collecting donation items for the gift baskets;
- Buying and selling raffles;
- Helping to clean up afterwards.
Please sign up HERE to help with any and all part of this special fundraising event.
(6) Other dates coming up:
Winter Break the week of 2/17/2020
Spring PTA membership drive starting in March
Participatory Budgeting to obtain funds for additional technology equipment